Sunday, January 15, 2023

How I use Reunion Notes

Sometimes my notes appear in Reunion for Mac under the wrong person. It's as if the information got shuffled around. I can tell because the information is obviously incorrect. I often can't tell where it belongs, so I often simply delete the note and hope for the best. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to be frustrating. I don't know how it happens or how to fix it. I only know it happens until I come upon a record with the wrong data. Grrrr.

So lately, I have been using Reunion's linking feature within my notes, so when I find an errant note, I will know where it goes.

For example.

I often simply list the children within the Mother's notes, instead of creating a record for each. My database is big enough. So a note would look like this:


If the father is not namedd SMITH, then I would know something is wrong. It would take a lot of time and energy to find out where it goes.

Usually my notes are more generic:

How can I know it's in the correct place?

Here is a more obvious example:



To combat this, I have started adding links to the people mentioned:


I drag the names from the People list to create an automatic link. Now when I find "lost" notes, at least I have a chance to put them back where they belong.
If I feel extra energectic, I can link the children to any records I have created.

An indicator appears on the Person card when any links have been applied.



These links show up in TNG as Associations, if you import the Linker and the Linkee together.





No comments:

Post a Comment